Non-GMO Plant Transformation
- Genome Editing
- Non-GMO Plant Transformation
G+FLAS Life Sciences produces transformed crops using CRISPR PLUSTM
- Our goal is to create better plant varieties without introducing transgenes to ease the public fear against Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs). We finally made it possible by developing DNA-free genome editing techniques.
- Our technique uses ribonucleoproteins (RNPs) that bind to and edit target DNAs. RNPs degrade easily after cleavage, and as such, no foreign material will remain in the host cells.
- Compared to DNA-based genome editing, RNPs can be designed and premanufactured to rapidly target multiple genes at once.
- We endeavor to use our proprietary gene-editing technology (Korean patent application no. 10-1827885) to introduce new plant varieties to the global market.
Process for Non-GMO Genome Editing in Plants